Starting a blog involves many things to be taken into consideration. With ample things to think about, the task may become confusing, however, making it successful is very important, if you are serious about making a good return from your investment. Perhaps, starting a blog is not a cumbersome task, if you become aware of a few techniques and methods. It is all about understanding your exact need and purpose.
Reasons and Benefits to Start Blog
Today, blog has become an important part of every business. This helps attracting many new visitors and potential customers while generating new leads. Every business or an individual has different purpose to start a blog; however, the core motive is to reach a huge population.
Here follows a few major reasons for why you should start a blog:
- Make Money: This is an undeniable fact. The core purpose of every business or individual to establish online is to make money. In this aspect, blog certainly serves to be an ideal option to choose.
- To become quickly famous: This is an other major reason. However, approaching reasonable and reliable techniques is very important to gain long lasting reputation and recognition in the web world. Therefore, never think about notoriety.
- Drive traffic: Any business wants to drive traffic, as only increased traffic can bring them to the top position and become known to a huge audience.
- Spread information: Blogs can help spread the information widely and easily without spending much time and effort. This will be a fantastic way to establish your new introduction of product and services to the targeted group of people
- Share information: Blogs create an opportunity to share information with others. This benefits many people to become aware of a fact and use them
Problems with Free Blogs
Although a blogger can setup blog for free via various websites, there rises a question about how effective would that be? Perhaps, on becoming aware of the problems and difficulties using free blog, you may think about a reliable option. Here are a few problems that a blogger may experience using free blogs:
- Free is not actually free: The free blog websites make money for the company that is offering free blogs to you. To say, they make the money of your hard work and time you invest in writing the blogs. Briefing, they sell your ad space by putting advertisements on your blog and selling upgrades to you, for which they charge, like change blog design, buy your own domain name and others.
- Absolutely no profit: The main purpose to start blog is to make money. But the case is not so with free blog, as in free blog you are going to make money for the company offering you blog space and not for you. This means that you will not be allowed to sell products and services via free blog.
- No Security: An other major problem with the free blog is, the chances of your site getting hacked are higher. The hacker may steal your domain name and thus you may lose your entire website and never get it back.
Therefore, from the above said points, the only best way to start a safe blog site is to start your own blog than going for free.
Few Additional Things to Know before Starting a Blog
Besides the above said information to help you understand starting a safe and successful blog, here follows a few more:
- Set your goals for both short and long terms
- Choose a unique theme and consider branding like colors, logos and much more
- Consider producing strategic content
- Find quality images and photos for your blog to make your content visually appealing
- Grow your mailing list
- Never hesitate to spend money on promotional activities
- Develop a clever blogging strategy
- It is very important to create responsive blog designs
- Become aware of security threats, therefore use security plugins
- Keep backups
- Try to research regularly for the changing trends
- Consider personal branding
- You can buy bogs to become more popular
- Never wait, act now
Guide to Start a Blog – Steps to Follow
If you are beginner, then here follows a guide and steps to start your blog:
- Choose an appropriate blogging platform
- Choose a relevant domain name
- Choose a reliable hosting option
- Use simple, but effective theme for your blog design
- Modify the blog to get desired look and feel
- Select best plugins, which are secured too
- Write compelling content, which not only convince the readers, but add value
To brief you while talking about domain and hosting, you can consider Bluehost to register your domain name, as it is not only reliable but also affordable for the startups.
Pay importance to the framework and child theme, which are the two important elements of selecting and integrating a theme to your blog site. Pay more attention in modifying the blog, as it brings the impact in the visitors hugely. A good appearance of the website will reflect its quality.
There are a numbers of new plugins introduced frequently in the web world, therefore, pay more attention in selecting the right one.
Try to write and post blogs regularly on your website to keep the audience engaged. This is very important to keep your blog site live and drive traffic. Never forget to make your content original, informative and interesting too.
Besides all, try to find your niche, which is very important to be focused in your job and become successful.
If you are very specific about starting a successful blog then taking enough efforts and spending a quality time is important. Try to become aware of all latest update and advancements in the blogging world. This will help you to become knowledgeable and start a blog that perfectly suit your business type. Perhaps, never forget the purpose of starting the blog, as only this core focus is going to lead you into right path of success.