Think about what $1000 a month would do for you. You can pay rent, take care of your utilities, offset your student loans, among others. Now you may be wondering where the $1000 will come from without you having to hit the pavement in search of a job.
Well, the answer is as simple as building a profitable website. The online platform has some fantastic resources for anyone who knows how to take advantage of it. We will share with you steps to building a website that can give you an excellent source of income.
Think About a Niche:
The online platform, while providing unique opportunities, is very competitive. There are so many people competing for that limited audience’s attention. Consumers are inundated with all kinds of information on different brands and products, meaning the amount of choice is too much.
If you want to succeed, the best strategy is to avoid doing what everyone else is doing. Instead, focus on a niche that will allow you to rank highly on the search engines. When building a niche website follow these steps: –
- Take the time to brainstorm around some niche ideas
- Do an in-depth keyword research
- Focus on a gap or need that you have identified through market research
- Pick a relevant domain name which is unique and informative
- Consider the right web host provider because it will determine how good your website is
- Build a website that is user responsive. Also, ensure that you optimize it for mobile
- Utilize your social media platforms and have the right marketing strategy in place
Search engine optimization is a critical component when creating content on your website. You must invest in keyword research so that you rank highly on the search engine. Your best bet is to go for keywords that do not have much competition. Look at what your competitors are doing so that you avoid competing with them on keywords.
You can also use online resources to come up with some ideas. Localize your keyword research so that you target people within your area and achieve higher Google rankings. Doing a SERP analysis will also let you know the best keywords to use.
Do not focus on short-tail keywords only. Long-tail keywords are fantastic for achieving higher Google rankings. Also, consider variations of keywords for higher visibility. The best way to know whether you have the right keyword is: –
- How relevant is it
- It should incorporate three or more words
- It has low competition on the search engines
- It has high competition among advertisers
Think About Your Website Structure:
A good website has a homepage, an about page, product review pages, and contact information. Whatever content you have, has to be relevant and respond to an identified need. Avoid giving generic content that adds no value to the end-user. The more relevant your content, the more you build yourself as an authority. Google will also take notice and rank you highly.
Some of the considerations you need to have in mind when thinking about the structure of your website include:-
- What is the goal of your website
- Do you have a proper understanding of your target audience
- What need are you responding to?
- What kind of content do you plan to have on your website?
- Does it have an aesthetic appeal that will help attract visitors to it?
- What kind of websites do the competitors have? What makes yours unique?
- What is the key messaging, and how do you want to present it?
Build Internal Links:
Building internal links help to establish the value and relationships of the content you have within your website. Search engines such as Google will crawl your site by following internal and external links. It helps with establishing the connection between the different content you have on your website.
The links are also critical for how user-friendly your website is. It helps with navigation and establishing a hierarchy of information, and passing Page ranks from page to page. Take the time to learn how to build relevant links within your website. You also have the option of online resources to learn how to do it well.
Have a Content Strategy In Place:
You must have a solid content strategy in place if you hope to establish yourself as an authority.
Focus on the following:-
- Do your keyword research
- Ensure you have relevant and well-written content
- Look at your grammar and spelling
- Focus on presentation through bullet points, paragraphs, visual representation among others
- Incorporate the use of images and video with SEO in mind when coming up with descriptions
Website Monetization Strategy:
Owning a website gives you fantastic monetization opportunities. Blogging, for example, allows you to generate relevant content, thus bringing organic traffic to your site. You can then earn money through affiliate marketing, pay-per-click advertising, selling ad space, or even having your digital product.
Incorporate the Use Of Your Social Media Accounts:
Make sure you link your website to your social media accounts. You get access to a broad audience base and have access to inexpensive advertising opportunities. Ensure you have a good understanding of each platform and the audiences so that you can target your messaging appropriately.
It is possible to make over $1000 a month from your website. It incorporates building an organic following by achieving high Google rankings. You must have relevant content that responds to an unidentified need. Focus on your keyword research and search engine optimization for the best results.